This is wonderful as a dip or alongside a lunchtime salad
- Vitamix or Blender Baba Ganoush
- 2 large aubergines or 3 smaller ones
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp chopped mint or flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Grilling the aubergines gives the dish a slightly smoky flavour. This is a very smooth dip or salad topper
- Blacken the aubergines under the grill on a lower shelf, turning very regularly with tongs, until completely charred and collapsed. Allow to cool.
- Slit the aubergines lengthways and scoop out the flesh in long strands, discarding the skins. Add to the blender or Vitamix
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice and tahini into the blender. Add the garlic and two-thirds of the chopped herbs, and season again to taste.
- Blend away until you have a smooth well mixed baba ganouche – doesn’t take long!!
- Top with the remaining herbs.
© 2022 All recipes are copyright of Suzy Sherratt at Look After You