The dried spice and fresh herb Coriander combined gives this soup a gorgeous flavour alongside the sweetness of the carrots
- 1lb carrots, thinly sliced
- 6ozs leeks or 1 small onion or 2-3 shallots, sliced finely
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of ground coriander
- 1 ½ pints of good homemade stock or Low Salt vegetable stock
- Black pepper
- 1 head of chopped coriander leaves
Gently sauté leeks and carrots in oil until beginning to soften, not brown. Stir in the coriander, cook for 1 minute stirring. Add stock, and ground black pepper. Bring to the boil, stirring. Cover and simmer gently, until cooked, approximately 20 minutes.
Cool slightly, then process/liquidise or pass through a sieve. Add a little stock if too thick. Reheat but do not boil, check seasoning, stir in chopped coriander leaves; leaving a little to garnish in the soup when in the bowls.