Cashew Cream with Apple & Raspberries
The Cashew cream is a yoghurt replacement, providing a creamy textured, protein high accompaniment for your fresh fruit
Soaking the nuts overnight adds the hydration that makes the creamy texture and starts to give the nuts the ability to commence sprouting which produces enzymes that help us digest the nuts. Keep your nuts in the fridge to keep them fresh and consume well before sell by date.
- 30g Cashew nuts
- An apple
- Juice of half a lemon
- Good handful of raspberries
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla essence
- A little grated root ginger or ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Soak the cashews overnight in water and drain and rinse next morning. Place in liquidiser with vanilla, ginger, and nutmeg. Liquidise in 50ml water to a cream adding a little more water if too thick.
- Grate the apple into a bowl. Pour the cream on top. Scatter the raspberries on top and enjoy!
© 2023 All recipes are copyright of Suzy Sherratt at Look After You