Tangy and delicious, especially with the addition of sun dried tomatoes.
- 14oz can of chick peas in unsalted water
- 1 tablespoon of cold pressed extra virgin Olive oil
- 1 tablespoons of light tahini
- Juice of a lemon
- 2-3 crushed garlic cloves (according to taste)
- Ground Black pepper
- Add either 5 sundried tomato halves or an avocado for variance of flavour
Place all in a liquidiser and whizz until smooth
Place in a dish –will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days
Use as a dip for crudités or enjoy poured on top of salad
Can also be poured over a mix of sauted and steamed vegetables and baked in the oven
Making your own houmous will save a lot of money as the quantity this makes so much more than you get in the supermarket pots. You could also try adding roasted garlic or roasted onion. Fresh coriander with lime instead of lemon also makes an interesting change.