Roasted Red Peppers stuffed with Pesto Rice
Piquant and tasty meal, lovely served with broccoli and flagelet beans
The Pesto can be used for other dishes, for example, add to hot steamed Courgetti and stir through.
- 2 large red peppers
- Olive oil
- 3 ozs brown rice
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes halves
- Leaves from 1 basil plant
- A handful of rocket
- 2ozs pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 4.
- Halve the red peppers, take out the seeds. Place onto a baking tray or in a roasting dish and drizzle over a little olive oil to make sure they do not dry out and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes.Meanwhile, cook the rice until fluffy and tender.
- Whilst the rice and peppers are cooking make the pesto, place garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, basil leaves, rocket leaves and pine nuts into a blender pot or a food processor with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and whizz the ingredients into fine mulch!!
- 5. When the rice is cooked, stir in the pesto.
- 6. Take the peppers out of the oven. Leave to cool slightly, then pile the mixture into the pepper halves and place them back in the oven for five minutes or until heated through. Serve.
© 2023 All recipes are copyright of Suzy Sherratt at Look After You